http://www.evangoodrow.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Logo-2-300x195.png 0 0 Evan Goodrow http://www.evangoodrow.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Logo-2-300x195.png Evan Goodrow2017-11-20 14:34:062017-11-20 14:49:415 Things about me you didn't know.
I tend to remain quiet about my extra curricular activities. So for intimacy’s sake, I give you: “5 Thing about me you didn’t know.”
- I played guitar at Wally’s in Boston on Monday night’s for almost 3 years as the somewhat music director for the Boston Music Circus (now defunct). I do miss this band consisting of Mario Perrett on sax, Chris Anzelone on drums and Randy Bramwell on bass.
- I booked a music venue in Lowell MA for just over 6 years (The entire time they were in business, over 1300 shows). It was a lot of unforgiving work but it allowed me to build something special in that community, and thankfully it’s demise had nothing to do with slow business or lack of interest.
- My famed jazz guitar once belonged to Duke Robillard, as far as I know he wants it back and he’ll never get it.
- I was a long time student of the great Charlie Banacos, a man worth reading about (although there’s not a lot of literature on him), and also a man who made great teaching method models (although you’ll never understand his teaching unless someone explains how to use it).
- I represented the “Count Us In” an overseas voting tool for soldiers who might have been excluded in the 2008 election (I was doing a tour of Nato Bases in Spain and Portugal).